Viking Shred doesn’t outsource recycling to third parties. Instead, we shred your documents at your workplace, using one of our secure shredding trucks. The paper — finely shredded to the demanding Department of Defense standards onsite — is baled at our secure facility and sent directly to a paper mill. Eliminating third-party recyclers enables us to offer one of the strictest, most efficient chains of custody available in California’s secure shredding industry.
Viking Shred’s ongoing commitment to sustainability initiatives includes:
- A fully modern truck fleet that meets all California low emission diesel vehicle standards
- The use of biodegradable hydraulic oil in our shredders
- State of the art plant air filtration systems, to minimize the emission of VOCs and other air pollutants
- Committed goal of 100% diversion of waste away from landfills
- Complete recycling of e-waste materials
- Full support for our customers’ ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 objectives
Are you a book reseller, library, donation organization, or school district trying not to dispose of books? Viking Shred can help you ship and recycle all of your outdated or unused books. Whether you have books by the truck load or pallet we have a recycling solution.
Viking Shred destroys over 250,000 hard drives yearly. We have the expertise and experience to destroy almost any type of hard drive. Server drives with sleeves, laptop drives, PC drives, and SSD’s! We also shred tablets, phones, game controllers, electronic peripherals, headphones, etc. We have destroyed it all. On-Site to any size needed.
Viking Shred destroys and recycles thousands of tons of paper each year.
Viking Shred can collect, sort and ship all your E-Waste in accordance with CalRecycle and Federal guidelines. After separating your E-waste by category, we ship to metal recyclers, E-waste recyclers and re-use organizations. Of course, digital storage items we find are destroyed first!